Taxes's questions - Chinese iziqna

How many years should yo keep your taxes?

15 answers · United States · 1 day ago

My mother had a problem with the IRS last week, as they took out $800 from my college savings account. They were able to do this because we had a joint account set up. She then called the IRS a first time asking if they could put the money back or if she could do payments. One of the workers then told her that the... show more

Need help, am I doing something wrong?

15 answers · Canada · 1 day ago
I'm a 22 year old university student and live with my parents, I made about 20k last year (spent it all on car, insurance, etc) anyway I was just filling my tax return and at the end it says I'll receive about $187 in tax return. The previous years I got at least 1.5k$ back. What do I DO?

I tried to file my federal return without state return via HR block, and got rejected twice with the same codes. 1st one is "We're unable to E-File your return", and 2nd one is "There was a processing error with your state return" which makes no sense as I'm only filing my federal... show more

Where's my refund?

13 answers · United States · 1 day ago

How to do taxes?

9 answers · United States · 6 hours ago
This is my first year of doing taxes and I have no idea what to do

If I receive money from a life insurance policy, do I have to pay income tax on it.

Can I claim my 2 sisters on my taxes. Will I get in trouble?

8 answers · United States · 10 hours ago
An accountant helps me do my taxes I go to her every year, If i add my 2 sisters on my taxes this year. I do live with them and I have prove they depend on me. My mom didn’t work all year. She is married and her and her husband are filing together with my younger brother. Will I get in trouble?

Best answer: Read the IRS bulletins in regards to this and you will have your answer. Clothing needs to be specific for the job and not the type of clothing that would be worn outside of the specific workplace. Welder's goggles and welder's fireproof clothing, and uniforms with company names on them fit this... show more

Best answer: Get a copy and file them first.

Best answer: Regarding the $17K, capital gains and/or losses are not recognized (reported on a tax return) until the shares are actually sold. For example, if the value of your account had increased in 2018, there would be no taxable gains since you didn't sell the shares. Concerning the $3K in capital gains... show more

Best answer: Do not claim exempt. You do not know when something might change that would make even one dollar subject to tax. You don't have to give the IRS a great big interest-free loan; you can minimize it. I find it odd that with everything else you told us, you did NOT say how many allowances you have been taking on... show more

Is H&R Block good?

8 answers · United States · 1 day ago
Recently it came out that Amazon didn't pay any income tax. They must have great accountants. My question is, is h&r block good. Good as in do they get me through a lot of loop holes and deductions?

Purchased car with loan years ago for parents. They paid the loan as the years went by. Had $1500 and they wanted to pay it off. They did so and we transferred title. The car is worth more per kbb and now their accountant is wanting to tax them on value per oh law. Is that applicable in this scenario since they... show more

Tax threshhold is 12,000 per year.

His home address is their home address, he doesnt go to school. They said that they claimed him last year, and their tax guy said as long as he lived there for 6 months he can be claimed as a dependant. I told them that I think this is illegal, and they dont believe me. They keep saying they're going to talk... show more